The only thing we love more than fashion is Proudly South African fashion, which is why we believe that the fabulous David Tlale needs a JAM lot of appreciation!
For those of you who don’t know, David Tlale is not only a daring and dramatic designer but an award-winning brand. Born and raised in Vosloorus, Boksburg, this trendsetter has come a long way in becoming the formidable fashion label he is today. Tlale strives to defy convention and push the boundaries of what is considered ‘acceptable’ in fashion. No fabric, colour or texture is too bizarre for him and his unique talents have catapulted him to world-wide status with exposure on both local and international catwalks.
Here are some of his achievements:
- Won the Elle New Talent in South Africa
- Noted as the Best Designer by the Sunday Times in South Africa
- Appointed as Head Designer for Carducci Woman under the House of Monatic Group in Cape Town South Africa.
- Selected to present his Couture Collection during Paris Couture week.
- Voted the most stylish designer at the South African Style Awards
- Nominated for the Mercedes-Benzes Fashion and Art Awards
- Designed a Couture master piece for British super model Jordan Dunn at the closing show for Virgin Mobile Cape-Town Fashion Week.
- Chosen to be an ambassador for the Change-4-Ever campaign
- Awarded Fashion Designer of the year at the Africa Fashion Awards in Johannesburg
- Made his debut at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week with a collection entitled "Cultural Intimacy."
- Won 'Designer of the Year" at Africa Fashion Week
- Opened a flagship boutique at the Michael Angelo Towers in Sandton, Johannesburg.
- Presented his quintessential "Made In The City" Collection in celebration of the 92 years of Nelson Mandela’s life
- Collaborated with "LEGIT"
Keep on JAMming David Tlale!